2024 IMA Europe Student Case Competition
Rules, Terms, and Conditions
- Each team must be composed of 3-5 members who must be full-time students at a European university.
- No doctoral degree candidates may be included on the team.
- Although faculty members are encouraged to promote this competition on campus, no faculty or other professional assistance is allowed in solving or presenting the case.
How to Submit Your Case Analysis
Each case competition entry will present a solution to this 2024 Student Case, which has been published in the August 2023 edition of Strategic Finance.
The following documents must be sent via a file-sharing platform no later than 23:59 CET on 5 February 2024 by clicking here.
- Final PowerPoint featuring your case analysis (up to 40 slides)
- Ethics Statement of Compliance
- To maintain anonymity in the judging process, the file name should not be related to IMA, your school, or a teammate's name. Do not include the above identifying information in any slides in the presentation.
Late submissions will not be accepted. No changes will be accepted once the final presentation is submitted.
How does this competition work?
Teams from European universities must submit their final PowerPoint presentation case analysis by 5 February 2024. Judges will then review the presentations, and the top three teams will compete in the European finals live in Amsterdam, The Netherlands on 18 April 2024.
- 5 February 2024 – Final submissions are due
- 18 April 2024 – Europe finals in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
All case analysis submissions undergo a preliminary evaluation by senior IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) staff as well as IMA members who are CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) certified. The top three teams will be selected and notified no later than March 2024. They will then go on to present their case at the European finals.
Europe Finalist Competition
At the final competition, each of the finalist teams will:
- Personally present their case analysis solution
- Be required to respond to additional questioning on which they will be judged. Judges are representatives from industry.
First Place – European Finals
- All team members and the faculty advisor will win a trip to the European finals competition in Amsterdam in March 2023
- CMA Scholarships for all team members
- $500 cash awards for all team members
Runner-up and Third Place
- All team members and the faculty advisor will win a trip to the European finals competition in Amsterdam
- CMA Scholarships for all team members
- $250 cash awards for all team members
European finalists will be notified by email and may be requested to complete additional documentation required by IMA. Failure to provide additional information may cause disqualification. IMA will make travel arrangements for the teams selected as finalists to the live finals. Participants will be responsible for obtaining the appropriate travel documentation. Finalists will receive two nights of hotel accommodations and a complimentary breakfast.
Terms and Conditions
- PPT presentations must be no more than 40 slides.
- PPT presentations must be written in English.
- At its sole discretion, IMA reserves the right to reject or at any time to remove from the competition any presentation that it finds unsuitable for any reason.
- All submitted presentations become the property of IMA and may be used for promotional purposes by IMA.
- PPT presentations must not contain any copyrighted or restricted material, by statute, regulation, or ownership, unless the team has secured the rights to the material. Presentations must be the entrant's original creation.
- Presentations cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity, or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of IMA. IMA is not responsible for any opinions contained in entrants' videos.
- By entering this contest, teams agree to all rules concerning the contest that now exist or that IMA may publish in the future.
- To maintain anonymity in the judging process, team name should not be related to (or reference) IMA, to your university, or to a teammate's name.
- Competing teams need to be physically present at the finals.
- Visa requirements (if applicable) are the responsibility of the team members, and in the even t Visas are denied, team members are responsible for any nonrefundable travel not paid for by IMA.
- IMA will cover flight tickets only from the country where the team’s university is based.
- IMA covers the accommodation and travel costs of the team members and one faculty advisor per team.
- By entering the competition, participants agree and acknowledge that IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) becomes the owner of all presentations submitted and that IMA may use the submitted content, as well as video or photography media of your person or likeness taken during the competition, for reproduction in IMA social media, events, news, or promotional material, whether in print, electronic, or other media, including the IMA website. By participating in the 2024 IMA Europe Student Case Competition, all participants grant IMA the right to their names and submissions for such purposes. All contestants agree to sign any copyright transfer or permission document requested by IMA regarding this paragraph.
- By entering this competition, you agree to hold IMA harmless from any liability that may accrue to IMA by virtue of the content of the presentation submitted by you to this contest. You also hereby represent and warrant that all works are the entrant‘s original creation, and does not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of another person.
- By entering this contest, you agree to all rules concerning the contest that now exist or that IMA may publish in the future.
- By entering this competition, you agree and acknowledge that you are undertaking participation in IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) events and activities as your own free and intentional act, and you are fully aware that injury may occur to you as a result of your participation in these events. You give this acknowledgment freely and knowingly and that you are able to participate in IMA events, and you do hereby assume responsibility for your own well-being and hold harmess IMA for any injury during such event(s).
For any queries concerning the 2024 IMA Europe Student Case Competition, please contact Grete Buivydaite, Grete.Buivydaite@imanet.org.